Hadassah College's roots trace back to the 1930's when the Hadassah Women’s Organization opened Jerusalem's first vocational training and education center on the sight of the former Rothschild Hospital. The College received academic accreditation in 1996.
Hadassah Academic College is the fastest growing institution of higher learning in Israel with 10% growth in the 2013-14 academic year.
The College's Career Counseling Center opens. Established by the Rothschild Caesarea Foundation, the Center helps students and graduates by providing direction, counseling, guidance and job opportunities.
The College launches an academic degree track program for Ultra-Orthodox men and women who wish to obtain an academic degree.
The Department of Politics and Communication at the School of Government and Society is inaugurated as well as the MA program in Communication Disorders.
The College's name is officially changed to Hadassah Academic College.
The graduate program in Computer Science (M.Sc.) opens.
The BA program in Service Organization Management at the School of Government and Society opens as well as the masters degree program in Vision Science and Optometry.
The School of Communication and Design is inaugurated including the departments of Photographic Communication and Inclusive Industrial Design. The Adler Aphasia Center is inaugurated. It is Israel's only rehabilitation center for people with severe acquired speech disabilities.
The Biotechnology Program at the School of Health and Life Sciences is inaugurated.
The Pre-Academic Preparatory Program ("Mechina") is established. The program prepares students to qualify for entry to any college or university in Israel.
The Department of Communication Disorders is established in response to the high demand for qualified speech therapists in Israel.
Hadassah Academic College becomes a fully accredited degree granting institution by the Israel Council for Higher Education.
The college increasingly focuses its programs on science and technology.
As Israel advances in the fields of science, industry and medicine, there arose an urgent need for skilled manpower in technical and vocational related fields. To meet the need, the Hadassah College of Technology was established in the Rothschild compound.
With the outbreak of the First World War, the Hadassah American Zionist Medical Unit had begun intensive health and welfare programs in Jerusalem and other communities. In 1922, the Unit officially incorporated itself as the Hadassah Medical Organization.
Baron Rothschild (France) establishes the first hospital for Jews and Arabs outside of the Old City walls. The "Rothschild Compound" continues to be preserved as the core building of the campus.